Chad E. Gorka is an attorney with over a decade of experience practicing Intellectual Property Law, and he specializes in assisting clients in all aspects of patent prosecution before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Chad has knowledge and understanding of a wide array of technologies, with particular expertise in the protection of mechanical inventions. At Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C., Chad also serves as an expert in design rights, and is experienced in preparing and prosecuting design applications, and securing design patents in the U.S. and abroad.
Chad brings to the depth of his patent practice real-world engineering experience, from his work in mechanical systems engineering within the aerospace industry prior to his legal career, which strengthens his service to each and every client he assists.
- Eagle Scout
- Certified EIT (Engineer in Training) in the State of New Jersey
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2019 – Present
- Patent Attorney – with a Washington DC area law firm – 2010-2019
- Mechanical Systems Engineer – Lockheed Martin Commercial Space Systems Co. – 2005-2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Law Section
- Gorka, C., (June 25, 2009). “Did You Know . . . Importation Is A Separate Requirement In Section 337 Cases?” ITC 337 Law Blog.
- Gorka, C., (June 24, 2011). “Ex parte Brunson,” Patent Appeal Law Blog.
- Gorka, C., (September 14, 2011). “Board Overturns Rejection Based On Design Choice As The Basis Was Rebutted and As Not A Mere Rearrangement of Known Elements,” Patent Appeal Law Blog.
- Gorka, C., (February 10, 2012). “Board Analyzes the Role of Extrinsic Evidence to Assert Inherent Facts Not Capable of Instant and Unquestionable Demonstration as Being Well-Known in an Inherency Rejection,” Patent Appeal Law Blog.
- Gorka, C., (June 21, 2012). “Application of the ‘Capable of’ Test when a Controller with Associated Programming is Claimed,” Patent Appeal Law Blog.