Danielle C. Pfifferling focuses her practice on patent litigation before U.S. district court, trade secret litigation, and client counseling on litigation strategy. Danielle works on litigation matters in a variety of technologies and has a wealth of knowledge on Hatch-Waxman litigation.
Danielle has been involved in all stages of district court litigation, from filing the complaint to post-trial briefing. Danielle’s litigation experience includes analyzing patent portfolios for assertion; document collection, review, and production; developing infringement and validity positions; drafting discovery requests and responses; preparing witnesses for deposition and trial; taking and defending witnesses; drafting letter motions and briefs; oral advocacy; consulting with expert witnesses; trial; and draft pre- and post-trial motions and briefs.
In addition to her litigation experience, Danielle represents patent owners or petitioners before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and also advises clients on international portfolios and due diligence matters.
Prior to her legal career, Danielle worked as a scientist for a large pharmaceutical company where she was involved with analytical assay development for vaccines.
- Second Chair U.S. federal district court litigation bench trial
- Second Chair Patent Trial and Appeal Board hearing
- Involved in all stages of U.S. federal district court Hatch-Waxman litigation, spanning from pre-litigation analysis to post-trial briefing.
- Named 2020-2021 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Named 2019, 2018, 2017 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Associate – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C. (2021-Present)
- Associate – Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP (2014-2021)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent Experience Externship Program (Summer 2012)
- Scientist, Pfizer (formerly Wyeth) (2006-2007, 2008-2010)
- Lecturer at Patent Resources Group Advanced Courses for Biotech Patent Practice course (October 2016)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- D.C. Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section