Iva Rreza joined Greenblum and Bernstein in 2021 as a technical advisor. She has industrial and academic expertise in agricultural formulations, semiconducting nanomaterials, quantum dots, colloids, polymers, and electron microscopy/spectroscopy. She received her doctorate from Columbia University in materials chemistry where her research focused on synthesizing and characterizing novel nanocrystalline materials and testing their viability in optical applications. Iva has presented her work at national and international conferences and authored scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals including ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Science Advances, Chemistry of Materials, ACS Chemical Biology, and Chemical Science. Prior to joining the firm, Iva worked in R&D as a formulation chemist for Syngenta Crop Protection.
- Technical Advisor – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. 2021-Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chemical Society
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Rreza, I.; Yang, H.; Hamachi, L.; Campos, M.; Hull, T.; Treadway, J.; Kurtin, J.; Chan, E.; Owen, J. S.; “Performance of Spherical Quantum Well Down Converters in Solid State Lighting” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2021, 13, 12191-12197.
- Ryu, J.; Park, S. D.; Baranov, D.; Rreza, I.; Owen, J. S.; Jonas, D.; “Relations between absorption, emission, and excited state chemical potentials from nanocrystal 2D spectra.” Science Advances, 2021, 7, 1-14.
- Yang, H.; Hamachi, L.; Rreza, I.; Wang, W.; Chan, E.; “Design Rules for One-Step Seeded Growth of Nanocrystals: Threading the Needle between Secondary Nucleation and Ripening” Chem. Mater. 2019, 31, 4173-4183.
- Rreza, I. (2019) “Designing Quantum Dot Architectures and Surfaces for Light Emitting Diodes” PhD Dissertation, Columbia Academic Commons.
- Marotta, C. B.; Rreza, I.; Lester, H. A.; Dougherty, D.A. “Selective ligand behaviors provide new insights into agonist activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors” ACS Chem. Bio. 2014, 9, 1153-1159.
- Rreza, I. (2014) “Development of Tantalum Phenoxy-Imine Compounds for Selective Ethylene Oligomerization” Senior Thesis. Caltech Thesis.
- Albanian (fluent)
- Spanish (conversational)