Chuong “Shawn” Nguyen joined Greenblum and Bernstein in 2019. He is currently an Associate Attorney in the patent prosecution group, focusing on subject matters relating to financial technologies, machine learning and artificial intelligence, as well as autonomous vehicle systems. Shawn’s unique background in aerospace engineering and corporate finance allows for a unique perspective into the prosecution of software, computer, electrical, and telecommunication technologies.
Before joining the firm, Shawn was a Patent Examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He was a member of the Business Method Art Unit and specialized in the examination of various financial technologies from leading financial institutions. As a Patent Examiner, Shawn managed the prosecution of patent applications with complex questions relating to patent subject matter eligibility.
Shawn also gained experience in corporate finance while working for a real estate brokerage firm. In his role, Shawn witnessed firsthand the intricate connection between regulations, business interests, and technological developments.
- USPTO Patent Examiner (Business Methods – Finance)
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Nguyen, Chuong. “Ernst & Young v. Morris: Arbitration Takes On Employee Class Action.” Arb. Law Rev., Penn State Law (Dec. 26, 2017).
- Vietnamese (fluent)