Full COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for employment at G&B, and we will provide accommodations required by law. Do not send any information about your vaccination status to G&B.
Responses requested from direct candidates only.
G&B is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking for a full-time experienced litigation paralegal to assist with district court patent litigation and contested matters before the Patent Office. The responsibilities of the Paralegal include:
- Organizing and preparing pleadings and discovery documents and supporting litigation by reviewing, finalizing and compiling documents for attorneys;
- Conducting factual and legal research;
- Drafting, proofreading, and formatting routine correspondence and litigation documents and facilitating filing (including e-filing) and service in federal court (district courts and the Federal Circuit) or the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and/or arbitration forums in accordance with applicable rules;
- Maintaining electronic case files and managing large document discovery databases; and
- Assisting with various administrative tasks and ad hoc research assignments
- Scheduling and tracking depositions and filing deadlines;
- Assisting attorneys with pre-litigation matters, including reviewing/monitoring incoming correspondence and preparing outgoing correspondence
- Assisting attorneys with responding to requests from clients to prepare form corporate agreements including conducting searches on state business entity databases and preparing draft agreements for review.
The successful candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced primarily electronic environment, and independently and proactively prioritize workload to meet filing due dates and other deadlines. Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, organizational skills, the ability to work in an environment with due dates, and attention to detail are required. Must be reliable regarding attendance and willing to work overtime and/or on weekends when necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Paralegal Certificate a plus, but not required
Experience: Approximately 5 years or more of experience in federal/district court litigation, with trial experience strongly preferred; experience in patent litigation strongly preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), document management, file management, calendaring, Adobe and other software
Salary: Starting at $70,000/year, commensurate with experience