Arnold Turk joined the firm in 1988 following approximately sixteen years at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. During his years at the Patent Office, Arnold examined applications including claims involving chemical, electrical and mechanical technologies achieving the honor of becoming a Senior Examiner in analytical chemistry. Arnold concluded his career at the Patent Office as a Special Program Examiner.
During his years at the firm, Arnold has prosecuted applications and has handled complex matters including petitions and post grant matters, such as reexaminations, reissues and inter partes and post grant reviews.
Arnold is presently a Senior Counsel and continues to assist the firm in complex matters and prosecution of applications.
- Represents Reexamination parties both in filing reexamination requests requesting invalidity of patents and in defending patents in reexamination.
- Successfully defended patents in reexamination without claim amendment.
- Recipient of U.S. Department of Commerce Bronze Medal Award for superior performance.
- Served as Special Program Examiner in the USPTO Office of the Assistant Commissioner for Patents, with primary responsibility handling duty of disclosure issues, particularly in complex matters including reissue applications
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. – 1988 – Present
- USPTO Special Program Examiner – 1987-1988
- USPTO Patent Examiner – 1973-1988 (analytical chemistry)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Virginia State Bar
- American Bar Association
- PTAB Bar Association