Gary Jacobs joined the firm in 2018 after a 29-year career at Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper, and Scinto, a large N.Y.C.-based IP law firm. He is currently of counsel in the Patent Procurement Practice Group at G&B. His practice focuses on procuring patents for clients in diverse electrical, optical, computer (hardware and software), materials engineering, and mechanical fields under US, PCT, and EPO practice. Examples of product areas in which Gary has worked include financial-technology software, ink-jet, and laser printers, ink technology, copiers, motors, jet engines, semiconductors, computer monitors, televisions, mobile phones, cell-phone transmission hardware and software, autonomous vehicles, voice recognition, voice synthesis, MRI and CT technology, quantum computing, and computer-assisted manufacturing.
Gary trained with legal-writing expert Brian Garner, who emphasizes succinct and powerful writing, qualities of Gary’s legal writing.
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2018-Present
- Patent Attorney – Oliff, P.L.C., 2016-2017
- Patent Attorney – Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper, and Scinto, 1987-2016
- Patent Attorney – Sandler and Greenblum, 1982-1986
- Patent Attorney – Leitner, Palan, Martin, and Bernstein, 1981-1982
- Staff Attorney – Center for Science in the Public Interest, 1978-1981
- Patent Attorney – Browdy and Neimark, 1977-1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association