Harry Gwinnell joined G&B in 2011. Harry has the unique credentials of having 10+ years of law firm experience, 10+ years of US Patent and Trademark Office experience, and 20+ years of corporate experience – the majority of his corporate experience in executive positions managing the intellectual property assets of four major US companies. As a result, he has particular expertise in the areas of drafting and negotiating IP agreements, IP asset management, in addition to general IP counseling and patent prosecution.
- President’s Distinguished Service Award, Intellectual Property Owners Association (2010).
- European Chief Patent Counsel Association (COMPRI), Sole U.S. Representative, (2007-2011).
- Frequent Seminar, Business and Law School Lecturer in the area of Intellectual Asset Management.
- Expert witness in multiple cases, primarily in the area of IP license agreements
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2011 – Present
- Vice-President and Chief IP Counsel – Cargill, Inc. – 2001-2011
- Assistant General Counsel, Intellectual Property and Assistant Secretary – Eastman Chemical Company – 1994-2001
- Intellectual Property Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary – Cabot Corporation – 1989-1994
- Patent Counsel and Assistant Chief Patent Counsel – United Technologies Corporation – 1978-1989
- USPTO Acting Supervisory Patent Examiner – 1978 (chemical and polymer technology)
- USPTO Patent Examiner – 1968-1978 (chemical and polymer technology
- President, Connecticut Patent Law Association (1987-1988)
- President, Tennessee Intellectual Property Association (1996-1997)
- Treasurer, Association of Corporate Patent Counsel (2001-2002)
- Guest Lecturer at Case-Western University, William Mitchell College of Law, Ave Maria Law School, Rutgers University, Ohio State University, University of Wisconsin, Franklin Pierce University
- Vice-President, Intellectual Property Owners Association (2002-2005)
- President, Association of Corporate Patent Counsel (2003-2004)
- Board of Directors, National Inventors Hall of Fame (2004-2006)
- Founding President, Intellectual Property Owners Education Foundation (2004-2009)
- Board of Directors, Intellectual Property Owners Education Foundation (2004–2011)
- Board of Advisors, William Mitchell College of Law (2009-2011)
- Board of Advisors, University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Law Center (2008-Present)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Corporate Patent Counsel
- Intellectual Property Owners Association