James A. Gromada joined the firm in 2018. Jim is an associate at G&B, focusing on patent application drafting and prosecution. Jim has significant experience representing clients in all aspects of drafting and prosecuting patent applications and also in preparing legal opinions and counseling clients with respect to freedom-to-operate opinions based on infringement and/or validity. Jim has also participated in reexamination proceedings, appeals, and patent litigation.
Before joining the firm, Jim worked as a patent attorney with other IP law firms. Jim also served as an electrical engineer with SAIC for 13 years.
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2018-Present
- Patent Attorney – Other IP law firms – 2001-2018
- Research Engineer – Science Applications International Corporation – 1986-1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- “Recent Federal Circuit §101 Alice Jurisprudence,” BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal, May 2016
- “Software-Related Patent Eligibility: Where Do We Stand After CLS Bank?”, Landslide, Nov/Dec 2013