During his long tenure at the firm, Jim has gained expertise in many fields of technology, mechanical and electrical, including sports equipment, such as ski-related, hiking-related, golf-related, bicycle-related, clothing, as well as computer-related, laser-related, vehicle-related, underground fluid conveyance systems, hundreds of design applications, and some trademark experience, and an opposition. Jim has much ex parte appeal experience, with a very high success rate, including a decision (In re Lemoine) resulting in 37 CFR §1.192 being revised in accord with the patent statute.
- Served on office-wide committees at USPTO.
- Served with the USPTO Office of Automation for two years.
- Recipient of U.S. Department of Commerce Gold Medal Award for contributions in creating and implementing the USPTO PALM docketing and file management system.
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. – 1987-Present
- USPTO Supervisory Patent Examiner – Electrical Communications – 1984-1987 (electrical communications)
- USPTO Commissioner’s Office 1981-1983 as user representative Office of Automation
- USPTO Primary Examiner – 1979-1981 (material handling)
- USPTO Patent Examiner – 1973-1979 (material handling)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association