Jeff joined Greenblum & Bernstein in 2013, after several years serving as a litigator at a general practice firm.
Mr. Handelsman is primarily responsible for Greenblum & Bernstein’s trademark practice, representing clients of all sizes, in various industries, from large multinational corporations to individual trademark owners.
Jeff’s practice touches on all aspects of trademark law, including selecting/clearing marks, prosecution before the USPTO, contested matters (Opposition/Cancellation Proceedings) before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), litigation in the federal courts, licensing, and client counseling.
Mr. Handelsman lectures annually on U.S. trademark law at the Center for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI) in Strasbourg, France. He has also lectured at international IP conferences, including AIPPI (Israel) and LES (Canada) and Greenblum & Bernstein’s annual IP seminar.
- Attorney, Pishevar & Associates, P.C. – 2011-2013
- Attorney, Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C.— 2013-Present
- Lectures annual on U.S. trademark law at the Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI) in Strasbourg, France.
- Lectures at various international trademark association events including AIPPI Israel and Licensing Executive Society (LES).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing in U.S. Jurisdiction, Getting the Deal Through – Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Trade dress protection in the pharmaceutical industry”. Journal of Generic Medicines, vol. 15, 2: pp. 76-79 (2018).
- “New Federal Trade Secret Legislation—The “Defend Trade Secrets Act””. Journal of Generic Medicines, vol. 13, 1: pp. 34-36 (2016).