Jon Miller joined the firm in 2006 after spending seven years as a Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is currently a partner at G&B, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution before the PTO in the mechanical, electro-mechanical, chemical, and software, computer, electrical, and telecom fields.
As a performing musician and songwriter, Jon also has an emphasis on patents in the musical products industry and is a music education advocate on Capitol Hill.
Jon has significant experience assisting clients through the application drafting process and then through the prosecution phase. Jon’s years within the Patent Office enable him to more easily put on his “Examiner hat” in an effort to more clearly understand the Examiners’ positions and devise strategies for moving applications to allowance.
- Performing musician (prepares/prosecutes applications in the area of musical instruments and music products industry)
- Music Education Advocate with NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants)
- Presenter/Panelist/Moderator – NAMM Show Intellectual Property Seminars/Forums
- USPTO Patent Examiner – 1999-2006 (sorting/separating of solids; winding, reeling & tensioning devices; and sheet feeding).
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2006-Present.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) – member since 2013