Kenneth (Ken) Salen joined the firm in 2015. As a prosecuting attorney, Ken’s focus is preparation and prosecution of patent applications in diverse technologies within the chemical and materials disciplines. Some of these areas include therapeutic methods, diagnostics, food products, batteries, catalysts, refrigerants, lubricants, plastics, pigments, polymers, resists, rubber, semiconductor wafer production and processing, surfactants, toners, and a diverse array of other chemical products and processes. Ken has over 20 years of experience representing clients before the USPTO.
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum and Bernstein, P.L.C. – 2014-Present
- Patent Attorney – Private Practice – 2000-2014
- Lecturer – Japanese Intellectual Property Association Biannual Meetings (2005-2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Donegan, J., and Salen, K., (2020). “2019 in Review: Some Recent Developments in US Case Law”, 16 Journal of Generic Medicines 82-86.
- Salen, K., (2019). “Winds of Change are Blowing for Diagnostic Methods Patents”, 16 Journal of Generic Medicines 39-45