Steve Roylance has over 40 years of experience in all aspects of patent practice, from conception through patenting and enforcement, including pre-filing strategies, litigation (including jury trials), and ultimate compensation. He practices extensively before all areas of the U.S.P.T.O., with a particular focus on client counseling and strategy development.
- Coordinates and supervises patent prosecution in a broad spectrum of technologies, including Biotechnology, Chemical, Mechanical and Pharmaceutical areas
- Coordinates strategy and activities in Client Counseling, Licensing and Technology Transfer, and Litigation and Trial areas
- Lectures frequently on U.S. Patent Law in Japan
- Owner/Manager, Patent Search Firm – 1978-1984
- Patent Agent, Private Practice – 1984-1988
- Patent Attorney, Private Practice, Washington, D.C. – 1988-1992
- Patent Attorney – Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C. – 1992-Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- American Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Roylance, S., (2020). “U.S. Supreme Court Further Strengthens IPR’s”, Journal of Generic Medicines, vol. 16, 4: pp. 171-173. First Published November 5, 2020
- Roylance, Stephen M., (2016). “FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Updating Labels for Generic Drugs”. Journal of Generic Medicines, First Published September 28, 2016, (DOI: 10.1177/1741134316670698)
- Roylance, S. (2013) “The Role of the Citizen’s Petition Amendment to the FDCA in Preventing Delays to Generic Approvals.” Journal of Generic Medicines, Pre-published online July 8, 2013 under Digital Object Identifier: 10.1177/1741134313494205
- S., (2010). “Waiver of the Attorney – Client Privilege: Pitfalls for the Unwary.” 7 Journal of Generic Medicines 287-93.
- Greenblum, N., Fink, M., S., Pejic, P.B., Myers-Payne, S.C., Braier, P., (2008). “Generic Drugs in a Changing Intellectual Property Landscape.” The Pharmaceutical Regulatory Process, Second Edition, pps. 143-180, Ira R. Berry and Robert P. Martin, eds., Informa Health Care
- Braier, P., S., Greenblum. B., (2005). “U.S. Case Law Developments in 2005.” 3 Journal of Generic Medicines 237-43.
- S., (2004). “Authorized Generics: Unlikely Alliances Yield Yet Another Controversy.” 2 Journal of Generic Medicines 71-75.